A question for all you UN*X experts

John Daley aims at ssc-vax.UUCP
Fri Aug 23 02:31:36 AEST 1985

We have a question that maybe you can answer.  Does anyone out there know
of any utilities that use the information in /etc/group?  We keep our file
up to date, but have never noticed any system uses for this file.  I have
used fgrep to compare group id numbers and user names, but that is a script
that I developed for simple cross-checking.

Just wondering...Thanx in advance!  (Please post responses in net.unix)

--

>From the merciless keys of Ray Saddler

Nothing I say here is to be held against the Boeing company,

It's not their fault!

                              Ray E. Saddler III
                              Boeing Aerospace Company
                              CAD Support and Administration