auto-niceing processes?

Keith Muller muller at sdcc3.UUCP
Fri Aug 16 06:06:18 AEST 1985

In article <2051 at ukma.UUCP>, sean at ukma.UUCP (Sean Casey) writes:
> the load average.  It has worked quite well here (until we got BRL 4.2, more
> on that in net.sources.bugs).

Not having BRL 4.2 I have no idea what that might have changed. However I have
posted an update to the load control system dated January 24, 1985 to
net.sources.bugs. The changes add one or two security additions and will
now work on 4.2BSD and it's more recent versions (I suspect that this will
work on BRL 4.2 as well).

As an aside, a newer version of load control is due out in late October after
it gets some real testing. The newer version uses better load prediction
algorithms (it uses more than load average in determing what an "overloaded"
system is) than the Jan 24, 85 version and has many new features.

	Keith Muller
	University of California
	ARPA: muller at nprdc or muller at ucsd
	uucp: ucbvax!sdcsvax!muller