Unix PC uucp handshake

Tim Smith tim at cithep.UucP
Wed Aug 21 13:42:42 AEST 1985

> > I'm having trouble trying to call up a Unix PC with uucp, but
> > I keep getting a bad handshake message I've never seen before.
>
> I'm getting the same message from a Callan Data Systems 200
> workstation with SV. All names are 6 character (hyd-pt, datafa, etc)
> and we're talking through a hayes and a Prometheus modem.

Gee, maybe you two should get together and see if the Callan can talk to
the Unix PC! :-)

But seriously, I have seen this sort of thing before.  For example, at Callan,
we once were going to get a newsfeed from SDC.  However, we could not get our
UUCP to talk to their UUCP.  However, we have had absolutely no trouble with
machines at Bunker Ramo or Dual.  We never did find out what was wrong.

Maybe someone who has access to a lot of machines should put together a list
of what UUCPs can talk to which other UUCPs and post it somewhere.  Any
volunteers?
--
					Tim Smith
				ihnp4!{wlbr!callan,cithep}!tim