A variant of the streams idea

David Herron, NPR Lover david at ukma.UUCP
Tue Dec 17 01:10:50 AEST 1985

I just finished reading dmr's streams article from the BSTJ of last year,
and an idea has occurred to me (actually re-occurred).

I originally had this idea when reading about sockets...

Could one use a variant of this to provide "funny" kinds of files?

What I mean is, ISAM is merely a protocol for using a file, right?
So to use a database "properly", open the file and push a <something>
onto the file which does the indexing/etc.  And you would still
be able to use the file in a "raw" mode for low-level patching, etc.

Is everybody confused now?
--
David Herron,  cbosgd!ukma!david, david at UKMA.BITNET.