protect tape access

Jamie Evans jle at ncsu.UUCP
Fri Feb 8 00:04:25 AEST 1985

	Does anyone have a neat way by which a tape drive is
protected from use by anyone else other that the user who has
mounted the tape?  Since we are in a university environment,
often a student has mounted a tape to write on and someone else,
thinking that the tape was their's, has written over the tape.
We have a 780 running 4.2 with a ancient TE16 tape drive.  I was
wondering if someone else had encountered this problem, and had
a nice solution.

	Please mail responses, do not post them to the net.

-Jamie Evans-

decvax!mcnc!ncsu!jle
mcnc!ncsu!jle