Philabs back up again! (actually, re: 785 upgrade)

rad at Mitre-Bedford rad at Mitre-Bedford
Thu Feb 28 12:12:23 AEST 1985

>Well, Philabs is back up again, this time as an 11/785.
>Performance increase seems from 60% - 90% faster than a 780.
>What about other people's 785 upgrade, also what about straight
>from the factory 785's?

     We upgraded our 780 to a 785 about 2-1/2 weeks ago.  We're still
running bsd4.1, but also had no problems.  Our performance increase
was right around 50% (a few benchmarks went higher, but not by much),
but we suspect that we're losing a little of the 785's extra ooomph
because we only have 16-Kbit instead of 64-Kbit RAM chips.

Dick Dramstad
rad at mitre-bedford.arpa