Required Field Change Order VAX 11/750 R 0007

Mike Minnich mminnich at udel-huey
Mon Feb 25 04:50:14 AEST 1985

Offhand, I would say that the FCO was not installed correctly.
The upgrade simply adds a patchable control store option
to the machine;  the revision level of the microcode is not
changed unless you load the new ucode supplied with the FCO.

When ours was installed, we did not yet have the modifications to
/boot or an on-line copy of the PCS ucode.  The machine came right
up without any problems.

If I remember correctly, the modifications to /boot to allow it
to load the PCS were discussed here some time ago, so you might
want to look back through your bboard archives.

mike