UUCP question (maybe dumb)

BostonU SysMgr root%bostonu.csnet at csnet-relay.arpa
Mon Feb 11 11:19:02 AEST 1985

We don't use UUCP much so I might be missing something here,
apologies:

We have a hard-wire between two machines and it seems like it
would make sense if it just were always open rather than either
having one side 'call' in or hack something to get alternate
login shells on either side as desired etc. Perusing the code,
it seems to me that uucp may not be robust enough to do this as
written: 1) Something reasonable would have to happen when one side
really went down 2) New work entering the queue would have to wake
up uucico to start sending. Am I just missing something that's
there?

	-Barry Shein, Boston University