disallowing subshell in More

vip at philabs.UUCP vip at philabs.UUCP
Thu Feb 14 08:31:00 AEST 1985

>It's beginning to look like the law of diminishing returns is taking
>effect - you might want to write a simple pager that doesn't do anything
>other than page files.  (I didn't even think about "more"s escape to "vi",
>because I never use it - that's one problem with big programs with a large
>set of features that few people are 100% familiar with.)  Try "p", shown
>in Kernighan and Pike starting on p. 180.
>
>	Guy Harris
>	{seismo,ihnp4,allegra}!rlgvax!guy

Okay, Guy, great.  But what if you want your users to use a program like
vi?  Then what?  I would like users to be able to use an editor.  Vi and
most other editors, with the exception of some of the third-party
(expensive) stuff, allow the user to escape to a shell.

				Brian M. Day
				philabs!exquisit!brian