Help (ipc question)

Ronnie Schnell ronnie at mit-eddie.UUCP
Sun Feb 3 10:12:05 AEST 1985

I am trying to write a program using 4.2 ipc stuff.  What I have discovered
is that when the client does more than one send before the server
does its recv (read), the server will receive both (all 70) messages at
once with one read.  I then have to go through the trouble of seperating
these messages.  This isn't so bad, but sometimes (often) I will fill up
the server's buffer, and stuff will be lost.  Am I doing something wrong?
Is ipc supposed to do this?  If so, is there a way to have the user
wait until the server has read the message without implementing
my own protocal?

						#Ron
						(ronnie at mit-mc.arpa)
						(..decvax!genrad!mit-eddie!ronnie)