Xenix now available on PC/AT

larry at extel.UUCP larry at extel.UUCP
Sat Feb 9 04:33:00 AEST 1985

I received the following mail in response to my query about Microsoft
Xenix on the PC/AT.  The entire text is included below.

Should anyone develop a driver for one of the multi-port RS232 cards
like the Octacom card the posting of it would be sincerely apreciated.

Larry Pajakowski
ihnp4!tellab1!extel!larry

I saw your net mail. In response to your specific questions:

1. IBM is now shipping XENIX, the part #'s are:

	Operating System	#6024207
	Software Development	#6024209
	Text Processing		#6024208

   The dealers have just received notice of this, so some may still be
   unaware of it - quoting the part numbers ensures that you can get them.

2. Yes, you can add drivers. Several people have already done it. You
   need the S/w development package.

3. The 3-user limit is an IBM hardware limit - other people have already
   announced multi-port serial cards which plug in to the AT and can be
   driven by XENIX. The limit is actually sixteen - which is the ATT license.

Hope this helps. Feel free to post this to the net or to contact me for more
information.

Regards

Adrian King
XENIX Product Manager