Port >ANY< Un*x Flavor to TOPS-20?

BostonU SysMgr root%bostonu.csnet at csnet-relay.arpa
Thu Feb 21 04:15:16 AEST 1985

There is a company Systems Concepts in San Francisco which
builds a KL10 compatible processor (actually faster and
very interesting, like only IBM channels and ethernets for
I/O, extensive front-ending etc.)

They claimed to be working on a UNIX for it, I dunno if it
would run on a 20 or if they are adding architectural features
to their box.

Also, there is always the University of Utah C compiler which
is a start towards a UNIX-like environment although right now
it is just a compiler and link library. No one can write 'mkdir'
for TOPS-20 without giving away the shop (I'll get flames for this.)
Anyone know if there is any progress with whatever it was Utah
was starting? I thought they were after a EUNICE-like thing.

		-Barry Shein, Boston University