setting TERM on System Vr2

adm at cbneb.UUCP adm at cbneb.UUCP
Fri Feb 22 02:47:12 AEST 1985

If your using ansi terminals, you could also use the answerback or term id
message.  A few alterations to your .profile (or .login or whatever) and
bingo! instant TERM setting.  This method is superior to others posted since
it will work for dialins, or when terminals are not directly connected to
the computer (when using a datakit, for instance).  Note that it still works
if you have at most one non-ansi terminal type.  We use this at our site,
and so far it works fine.