DEC DF03-AC modems and tip.

Torben Nielsen torben at uhpgvax.UUCP
Fri Feb 15 18:35:00 AEST 1985

We recently acquired a DF03-AC modem and supposedly the 4.2bsd
version of tip has support for that modem.
Well, I made tip with the appropriate define statement in the
makefile and that went ok.
However, when I try to use the modem to dial out, I have problems.
I get the message "dialling..." and then it just sits there until it
times out. The connection is never established.
My question is, are there any of the switches inside the DF03-AC that
have to be set differently from the standard factory settings?
(I have the modem connected to a normal tty line off of a DMF-32)

		{ihnp4,vortex,bigtuna}!islenet!uhpgvax!torben

		Torben N. Nielsen
		Department of ICS
		UHM, Honolulu, HI.