subject

cottrell at nbs-vms.ARPA cottrell at nbs-vms.ARPA
Tue Feb 12 10:31:14 AEST 1985

/*
> Why do you enclose your postings in  /* */?  Just curious.
>
> Peace
>
> 		Josh Knight, IBM T.J. Watson Research
>     josh at YKTVMX on BITNET, josh.yktvmx.ibm on CSnet,
>     ...!philabs!v1!josh

Most people include a little snack for the line eater and a cute little
signoff line. Since what I write are `comments', it seems appropriate
to include them in /**/. You will know I have switched to Pascal when
you see my messages enclosed in (* *) (and when hell freezes over)
(oops, better check with my censor at Princeton). Also, if the `/*'
is missing, you can assume my entire message didn't make it.
*/