How do *you* debug device drivers?

Guy Harris guy at rlgvax.UUCP
Wed Jan 2 13:03:52 AEST 1985

If you look at the source to the 4.2BSD "adb" (and, I believe, the S3 and
S5 "adb") for the VAX, there is an EDDT #ifdef that seems to be part of
somebody's effort to make a version of "adb" that can be linked or loaded
with a kernel and used on it.  I've thought about seeing how much of that
can be made to work (especially with the help of the 4.2BSD or S5 "standalone"
libraries, which could enable "adb" to read the kernel's symbol table from
/<whatever your kernel is called>).  You might want to play with that.

	Guy Harris
	{seismo,ihnp4,allegra}!rlgvax!guy