yacc: public domain? -- yup, available from STUG

Martin Minow minow at decvax.UUCP
Thu Jan 10 11:58:41 AEST 1985

A public-domain implementation of Yacc is available from the
Software Tools User's group.  It is written in Ratfor and
consists of a front-end that reads Yacc grammars, writing
a grammar in a slightly different format.  The back end
builds an LR parser table using an adaptation of another
public-domain program.  (Sorry, I don't have the details
in front of me).  The parser tables are not identical to
Yacc's, and could stand a bit of time optimization.

I've translated the Ratfor sources to C, but don't feel
the result is stable enough to distribute.

Martin Minow
decvax!minow