MSDOS/UNIX Sources

Chuqui Q. Koala chuqui at nsc.UUCP
Sat Jan 19 05:05:51 AEST 1985

>2)  Why don't 40-80 hackers get together, sign incorporation papers,
>get a contract with AT&T as a company and split the cost of the source
>license.  Call yourself a consulting consortium or something.  While
>this solution may be a bit unwieldy, anyone who has experience in hacking
>the internals of UNIX can make lots of money as a consultant and could
>easily make back the $40K total in 2-3 days each!

AT&T licensing is on a per CPU license. Those 40-80 hackers all need to be
able to share a single computer, or do something to allow multiple CPU's
(#2 is, I believe $16K, #3-n $1k under contractors provisions). Otherwise,
you're STILL illegal.

You know, I remember way back in the good old days when we talked about
technical issues in unix-wizards. I'm glad the net is working so well now
we don't need to anymore....
--
>From the ministry of silly talks:		Chuq Von Rospach
{allegra,cbosgd,decwrl,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo}!nsc!chuqui  nsc!chuqui at decwrl.ARPA

Vote for the fascist of your choice, but vote!