Microvax 2 chip set

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.UUCP
Sun Jan 20 10:58:56 AEST 1985

> > The cpu chip, which implements the Microvax instruction set (i.e. VAX
> > minus a few of the sillier things)
>
> I understand that although the uVAX I has a restricted instruction
> set, the II has the whole thing.  ...

My informant, who's in a position where he ought to know, definitely
identified the instruction set as "Microvax", not "VAX".  Unless I
misunderstood him...

> I've heard that the announcement has been delayed from "soon" (early
> '85) to June or July or so, with delivery around the end of the year.

This is plausible.  It sounds like the chips are pretty much ready to
go; my source says some customers have samples for testing.
--
				Henry Spencer @ U of Toronto Zoology