finger @machine ?

BostonU SysMgr root%bostonu.csnet at csnet-relay.arpa
Sun Jan 13 03:19:20 AEST 1985

	I modified our finger to do stuff like:

	finger @machine
	finger user at machine
	finger @internet-dotted-notation
	finger user at machine1@machine2	[good quick connectivity check]
	finger user at machinex user at machiney
etc etc.
	I (obviously) also wrote a /etc/fingerd daemon to be
	started at boot time.

	My routine gathers all the remote command line args
	and sorts by host so mixed host requests re-order
	such that only one connection per host occurs.

	Send me a request and I'll put together a distribution.

		-Barry Shein, Boston University

	P.S. Needless to say I can only guarantee it works under
	4.2bsd via TCP/IP.
	P.S.2. It uses the well known finger socket and seems
	to speak fine to at least one other remote finger server
	[Wollongong's TCP/IP under VMS] although it could have
	bugs which I would love to hear about and fix.