select query

Morris M. Keesan keesan at bbncca.ARPA
Thu Jan 31 05:45:14 AEST 1985

> > We are running Ultrix-32, and note the following disclaimer in the
> > documentation for select(2).
> >
> > STATUS
> >      SELECT(2) currently is not supported  by  Digital  Equipment
> >      Corporation.
> *THAT'S* amusing.  I'd be curious to see what they do, and don't, support;
> a HECK of a lot of networking code uses "select".
> 	  Guy Harris
> 	  {seismo,ihnp4,allegra}!rlgvax!guy
------------------
    The list of things they don't "support" is indeed amusing.  Of course, the
"currently not supported" disclaimer doesn't imply at all that the item in
question won't work, merely that they haven't yet had time to go through and
certify the particular piece of software.  The most amusing non-support I've
found so far is

STATUS
     FORK(2) currently is not supported by Digital Equipment Cor-
     poration.

The mind boggles.
--
			    Morris M. Keesan
			    {decvax,linus,ihnp4,wivax,wjh12,ima}!bbncca!keesan