Unix (In)Security

Steven M. Kramer smk at axiom.UUCP
Sun Jan 20 06:04:50 AEST 1985

Just to clarify the Larry's discussion on the SCOMP -- it is beging evaluated
for A1 (formally verified specs) by NSA.  A2 means code verification and
to my knowledge is beyond the state of the art.

Also, just because we don't hear of breakins to OS's doesn't mean they don't
happen.  Would your local bank advertise such facts with no other reason but
to just say, "Oops, it happened to us!"  Would the US Intelligence community!!?!
--
	--steve kramer
	{allegra,genrad,ihnp4,utzoo,philabs,uw-beaver}!linus!axiom!smk	(UUCP)