4.2 networking question

ben ben at cernvax.UUCP
Thu Jan 24 05:38:41 AEST 1985

   Here is the answer to your question about raw IP. I suppose several people
have answered as it is quite simple. All you have to do is add an entry to the
protocol switch table in the file /sys/netinet/in_proto.c; this should be an
exact duplicate (and can directly follow) the entry for normal raw IP, but the
value IPPROTO_RAW should be changed to your own value IPPROTO_XNET (= 15).
To be tidy, define this latter thing in /sys/netinet/in.h by the way.
   If you are serious about wanting to remove the IP headers completely, then
your task is much harder (I know 'cos I've done it...). Good hacking!

          Ben M. Segal  (CERN-DD, 1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland).