LN01/UNIX (not about graphics) question

BostonU SysMgr root%bostonu.csnet at csnet-relay.arpa
Thu Jan 10 07:12:49 AEST 1985

	You don't say how it is plugged in (what device driver.)
	If it's RS232 my first guess is that the tty line needs
	to be set with crmod off 'stty -crmod > /dev/tty??'.

	If it's a parallel interface then it is probably being
	transmuted somewhere. I don't know off-hand as both
	the high level stuff and the driver itself have opinions.
	I quote the 4.2 LP(4) 'The driver correctly interprets
	carraige returns, backspaces, tabs and form feeds.'

	The word *correctly* here may be your problem.

		-Barry Shein, Boston University