How do *you* debug device drivers?

Howard Johnson howard at cyb-eng.UUCP
Tue Jan 1 07:05:46 AEST 1985

> In my experience with debugging device drivers, the next step up from
>  After reading the articles about VM/370, I was wondering how the

average unix-wizard debugs his/her device driver(or other kernel mods).
printf's and intuition is an in-circuit emulator.  (Well, it works for
68000's; I don't know about Vaxen.)  Sometimes a fancy stand-alone software
monitor will help.

> Waiting for the great and simple solutions,

When *I* hear about those great and simple solutions, I'll be trying to jump
on the bandwagon before my job disappears.
--
	Howard Johnson		Cyb Systems, Austin, TX
..!{gatech,harvard,ihnp4,nbires,noao,seismo}!ut-sally!cyb-eng!howard