UNIX-WIZARDS Digest V1#112 (NIH)

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.UUCP
Sat Jul 27 03:14:00 AEST 1985

> There's no commercial reason for changing the name of Mail to mailx...

Actually, yes there is:  a stupider naming convention has seldom been
seen on Earth.  Making case difference significant like that was a
really silly idea, and it is to AT&T's credit that they bit the bullet
and fixed it.  Your other specific comments I largely agree with.

> There is no good excuse for making SIII incompatible with V7.

Similarly, there is no good excuse for making 4.2 incompatible with
almost everything which preceded it.  Which it is.
--
				Henry Spencer @ U of Toronto Zoology