DEC Ethernet Terminal Server

Andrew J. Davis ajd at yodel.UUCP
Tue Jul 23 06:21:05 AEST 1985

> Looking through /sys directory on Ultrix machine at Portland Usenix I
> saw some lat?.o files.  I asked if this meant that DEC was going to
> support the LAT under Ultrix, and got a "no comment" response.

> Hopefully there are others who know more about this, and would be
> willing to share their information.

> Kurt Haserodt				..!ihnp4!wucs!kurt
> Box 1045 Washington University		(314)-889-6160
> St. Louis, MO 63130   USA

Ultrix DOES support LAT protocol, but you must be running Version 1.1
or beyond.

If you are currently running version 1.0, you'll have to upgrade if you
want LAT support.  If you are running version 1.1 and it is not working,
send me mail directly, and I'll try and help you correct the problem.

			Let me know if I can be of anymore help,

					Andrew J. Davis
					(617)-467-8366

U.S. Mail:  Digital Equipment Corporation
	    Internal Software Services
	    Systems and Network Support
	    IND-3/C10
	    67 Forest Street
	    Marlboro, Mass. 01752

UUCP:	    decvax!yodel!ajd
ENET:	    decwrl::rhea::yodel::ajd

"Gentlemen, surely you're not going to take the word of a souless mechanical
device over that of a real flesh and blood man."