Unix uptime

Brandon Allbery bsa at ncoast.UUCP
Wed Jul 31 00:51:37 AEST 1985

Expires:

Quoted from <121 at tommif.UUCP> ["Re: instability in Berkeley versus AT&T releases"], by tom at tommif.UUCP (Tom Faulhaber)...
+---------------
| > 	4:00pm  up 5 days,  2:33,  6 users,  load average: 0.23, 0.07, 0.00
| >

| machine had been up for 45 days.  These machines had rebooted after PG&E
+---------------

We've shown an uptime of over 4 MONTHS (I believe it was ~ 140 days).
Microsoft Xenix 2.3a (TRS-Xenix 1.3.2) at the time.  The only reason we've had
downtime is to upgrade from 1.3.2 up ultimately to 3.0.1 (Xenix 3.0), and
to format floppies since diskutil is, regrettably, standalone.

I post this not to show off, but to note that an uptime war between AT&T and
BSD is just a bit ridiculous.  I thought unix-wizards were more mature than
that.  (Or did this cross over from net.unix?  If so, send it back!)

--bsa
--
Brandon Allbery, Unix Consultant -- 6504 Chestnut Road, Independence, OH 44131
decvax!cwruecmp!ncoast!bsa; ncoast!bsa at case.csnet; +1 216 524 1416; 74106,1032