unix file system

Phil Ngai phil at amdcad.UUCP
Sun Jul 28 05:35:10 AEST 1985

In article <578 at decuac.UUCP> avolio at decuac.UUCP (Frederick M. Avolio) writes:
>In article <3287 at decwrl.UUCP>, jcampbell at mrfort.DEC (Jon Campbell) writes:
>>
>> Some of us at Digital think we have found a basic problem with the  UNIX
>> file  system  for FORTRAN.
>
>Lots of us at Digital think the UNIX file system is just fine the way it
>is... (FORTRAN??)

I'm glad to hear that some at Digital are against this horrible idea to
"adalize" the Unix filesystem but I would also say I know a number of sites
willing to pay good money for a good FORTRAN for Unix. So, Jon, keep working
on it, just don't try to impose VMS ideas on Unix. Try to do things within
the Unix philosophy. If you are not sure what that is, there seem to be
many people, within DEC, even, like Fred, who will probably help you.

--
 There are two kinds of people, those who lump people in groups and
 those who don't.

 Phil Ngai (408) 749-5720
 ARPA: amdcad!phil at decwrl.ARPA