Idle time logout mechanism (daemon)

Chris Torek chris at umcp-cs.UUCP
Tue Jul 30 09:36:56 AEST 1985

>It is fairly simple to make the mods to both csh and sh to include and
>optional autologout. [...]  This means that you won't be knocked out of
>an editor, etc.)

As the author of a timeout daemon (who protested every line of the
wretched thing), I have to point out that this is a bug for those
who need timeouts.  My timeout daemon gives one 3 warnings (at 15,
10, and 5 minutes before doom) then uses SIGHUP to kill things.
This looks like a modem disconnect to most everything; editors save
your editing and all that.

Personally, I'd rather have 50 modems and leave idle connections
alone, but. . . .
UUCP:	seismo!umcp-cs!chris
CSNet:	chris at umcp-cs		ARPA:	chris at maryland