help wanted configuring 8600

Phil Ngai phil at amdcad.UUCP
Sat Jul 27 04:15:45 AEST 1985

I would like to solicit advice on configuring a VAX 8600. In particular
I am interested in choices of tape drive, disk, and serial lines.
We plan to run Ultrix or 4.2 (4.3 when available).

We would like a fast high density tape drive like the TU78 except that
the TU78 isn't supported by the 8600. For disk, we are considering eagles
or RA81s. For serial lines, we are considering DEC DMZs or Emulex CS32s.
However if there are other products we should consider I'd like to hear
about them.
--
 There are two kinds of people, those who lump people in groups and
 those who don't.

 Phil Ngai (408) 749-5720
 ARPA: amdcad!phil at decwrl.ARPA