Chdir/Exex/Open by inode.

Chris Torek chris at umcp-cs.UUCP
Sat Jul 13 10:36:15 AEST 1985

Rather than using inodes instead of names to make things work faster,
I suggest you instead speed up name to inode translation.  (Look at
the 4.3BSD changes document in the Proceedings of the Summer '85
Usenix.)

[begin :-)]
exec by inode might be neat, but you'd have a terrible time keeping
the inodes straight!  I can just see the mail now:

	To: chris
	Subject: Emacs doesn't work anymore

	I can't seem to run Emacs anymore.  Why?

(reply)

	Oh.  Sorry about that... I recompiled it; now it's inode # 15252.
	Try that instead.
UUCP:	seismo!umcp-cs!chris
CSNet:	chris at umcp-cs		ARPA:	chris at maryland