7300 uucp woes -- "IN SEND/SLAVE MODE (INPUT FAILURE)"

Dave Brower daveb at rtech.UUCP
Thu Jul 25 15:58:31 AEST 1985

Running the stock uucp on an at&t 7300 with one phone line, talking
to rtech, a 750 running mt xinu 4.2, I am getting the following LOGFILE
errors receiving mail:

  rtech!daemon (7/24-22:14:30) (C,144,15) IN SEND/SLAVE MODE (INPUT FAILURE)

The phone is disconnected, and the 7300's daemon uux's all the mail that
got delivered OK.  The bad news is the that phone on the 7300 is gets
scrambled:

* A data call from the telephone manager will dial and connect, but
	disconnects as soon as you type anything.
* Trying to switch the line to voice fails; no dial tone is at the phone.

The 7300 has to get rebooted to straighten things out.

TWO QUESTIONS:

- What causes the SEND/SLAVE foulup, and how can it be avoided?
- How can the 7300's phone system be reset w/o rebooting?

THIRD QUESTION:

- Anybody gotten c-kermit running yet?

Thanks in advance.  I will summarize mailed responses solely to
net.micro.att.
--
{amdahl|dual|sun|zehntel}\		| Our three main weapons are FEAR,
{ucbvax|decvax}!mtxinu---->!rtech!daveb | SURPRISE, and an almost