unix file system

z at rocksvax.UUCP z at rocksvax.UUCP
Wed Jul 31 14:23:00 AEST 1985

It looks like people have been hitting the nail on the head w.r.t. where to
put file attributes.  File attribute belong in the file.  Now for a more
practical question.  What format shall these attributes have?  I would suggest
a binary magic number followed by the list-like attributes.  This is mainly
because I am hacking the SU-PUP file server to handle those "extra" attributes
from a VMS PUP FTP user.  Those interested in more details can tune into
PUP-LOVERS.

--
//Z\\
James M. Ziobro