Xenix Maintenance Release (followup)

Robin Cutshaw robin at medstar.UUCP
Mon Jul 15 23:24:21 AEST 1985

I have had so many requests for info on the Xenix Maintenance Release from IBM
that I thought I would clarify my previous posting.  As you probably know,  IBM
Xenix 1.0 is really Microsoft Xenix 3.x and Microsoft had beta-marketing rights
until Jan 1 of this year.  This is where so many people on the net received
their copy of Xenix early.  Microsoft then came up with a maintenance release
for their customers to fix many, many bugs (including boot tables and compiler
errors).  This release has just been semi-mass produced by IBM for their
release.  This is the Xenix Maintenance Release that I posted news about last
week.

So, the number one question has been "how do we get it?"  IBM has established
a direct line to dealers (an 800 number) for support of all of their products
in the PC line.  This line is directly into Boca.  If you talk to your dealer,
tell {him,her} that the maintenance release is available through the dealer
support line.  If they still get nowhere tell them to ask for "Red" (he will
probably kill me).  Currently, this release is available only through this
channel.

--
----
Robin Cutshaw