Are there licensing restrictions on handlers?

Bruce Karsh karsh at geowhiz.UUCP
Wed Jun 5 05:39:10 AEST 1985

  I would like to write a device handler for a UNIX
system.  I could look at the source listings of existing
handlers and modify them.  If I did that, could I:

  1) Post the resulting handler to the net?
  2) Sell the resulting handler?
  3) Give the resulting handler to other sites with
     source licenses?
  4) Give the resulting handler to other sites without
     source licenses?
  5) Sell the resulting handler to other sites with
     source licenses?
  6) Sell the resulting handler to other sites without
     source licenses?

  Is there another way to learn how to write handlers other
than examining the UNIX source code?

--
Bruce Karsh                           |
U. Wisc. Dept. Geology and Geophysics |