Pattern Matching macro processor

luscher at nicmad.UUCP luscher at nicmad.UUCP
Thu Jun 13 23:03:12 AEST 1985

> Having been nudged about this recently, I've been contemplating writing
> a pattern-matching macro processor (ala MORTRAN) for Unix. Before
> starting such a beast, I'd like to know if someone already written such
> a beast. Replies by mail to ucbvax!mwm preferred.

	It has been a while since I've used it, but an interesting,
"machine independent", standalone 'template' (I found this style of
pattern matching very interesting) pattern matching macro processor
exists called STAGE2.  It is written in FLUB (first language under
bootstrap) which is easily implemented (we did it on a Datacraft, now
Harris, 24 bit machine).  It was written by Waite (?) at U. Colorado
(?).  Good luck in finding it.  You might try the Univ. Wisconsin
as they used to support it on their large machind and had some
documentation available in the Computer Science offices.

--
Jim Luscher / Nicolet Instruments / Oscilloscope Div.
5225 Verona Rd Bldg-2 / Madison Wi 53711 USA / 608/271-3333x2274