4.3 bsd -- request for information

Joe Buck jbuck at epicen.UUCP
Fri Jun 7 14:51:00 AEST 1985

I've heard assorted rumors, hints, clues, etc. about 4.3bsd. I
wonder if some informed and kind person could educate me as to
what it's all about. That is, who's behind it? When will it be
available, and for what machines? What new features does it offer
that aren't in 4.2? I've heard that 4.3 will require a System V
license and will attempt to bridge the gap a bit between Berkeley
and AT&T. True?

So many questions...

If you think your answers are of general interest, post them; otherwise,
mail them and I'll summarize to the net. Thanks.
--
Joe Buck		Entropic Processing, Inc. (epi)
	  		{ucbvax,ihnp4}!dual!epicen!jbuck