need program to convert binary to ASCII and back

Curtis Jackson rcj at burl.UUCP
Sat Jun 8 03:17:13 AEST 1985

I am looking for a program to convert binary data so it can be
stored under SCCS.  We have a number of files here on our project
that are binary images produced by our IMAGE graphics programs;
we need to put them under official control.  Any program would
be welcome except uuencode/uudecode.  Since this stuff is going
under SCCS, and SCCS considers %X% (where X is one of SCCS's \many/
keyletters) as magical and will expand it to something strange,
uuencode/uudecode is not a viable option for us because it will
possibly produce sequences like %X%.

Thanks for your time,
--

The MAD Programmer -- 919-228-3313 (Cornet 291)
alias: Curtis Jackson	...![ ihnp4 ulysses cbosgd mgnetp ]!burl!rcj