manual page server anyone ?

Andrew Wild amw at ulysses.UUCP
Wed Jun 12 04:31:43 AEST 1985

Please would someone save me the bother of writing this.
We have a dozen systems and maintaining both standard
manual pages and local additions is a right pain.

Ideally it is easy to configure to search places like
/usr/man/'man.|cat.', /usr/local/man/'man.|cat.',
and /usr/add-on/[^/.]*/man.

Oh well, I'd better start writing it now, but if you
*should* just so happen to have one lying around, you
will get in touch, won't you ?

Nitty Gritty details: Mainly 4.2 on VAXen, but others.
--

					Andrew Wild.

Net:	{ucbvax, vax135, seismo}!ulysses!amw
Phone:	(201) 582 5810
Snail:	MH 5E-103, Bell Labs @ Murray Hill, NJ.