vax/unix to vax/vms

notes at ucf-cs.UUCP notes at ucf-cs.UUCP
Fri Jun 7 13:21:05 AEST 1985

>Hi smart peoples,
>
>Is there any way I can create a tape on a vax11/780 running UNIX*
>that can be read into a vax11/780 running VMS?  What the UNIX tape needs is
>to have a FILES-11 label put on it, but I can't figure out how to do this.
>Anyone want to pick up this challenge?
>
>Olga
>

>* UNIX is a trademark of Bell Labs (as if you didn't know anyway)

The "vmstp" program created by Dave Philips and modified by Mike Mitchell
does this job well.  Running under 4.2bsd Unix, it reads and writes
Files-11 tapes.  I am not sure whether it would work with other flavors
of Unix, but I'd be glad to send a copy in any case.

				Ben Goldfarb
				University of Central Florida
				uucp: {decvax,akgua,duke}!ucf-cs!goldfarb
				ARPA: goldfarb.ucf-cs at csnet.relay.CSNET
				csnet: goldfarb at ucf.CSNET