process size limits under xenix 3.0

Mark Galassi rosalia at tekig4.UUCP
Wed Jun 5 00:01:41 AEST 1985

In article <138 at plx.UUCP> jk at plx.UUCP (John Kullmann) writes:
>does anyone know the maximum user process size under
>xenix 3.0? i am using it on an AT and can only get
>about 1.2MB via mallocs. also, i assume that it would
>be very difficlut for me to change this limit
>without the sources (like any other un*x system),
>right?
>john kullmann
>decvax!sun!plx!jk

I have used XENIX 3.0 on an Intel 310 computer, and it
is possible to recunfigure the kernel to allow as much
swap space as you want on the hard disk. The files
for such modifications are in places like
"/sys/h" or "/sys/conf/xenixconf". (I'm not exacly sure right
now.) It is possible to recompile the kernel, infact it is
necessary if you install new periferals which XENIX has to
know about. Hope this helps you.
				Mark Galassi
			    ...!tektronix!reed!rosalia