Emulex CS32 multiplexer problems

John Mackin john at basser.oz
Tue Jun 25 11:23:04 AEST 1985

We have recently purchased one of these.  We are driving it with a
VMZ driver which we wrote ourseleves (and has been working fine
on VMZs for a long time).  A careful perusal of the manual doesn't
reveal any significant differences from a VMZ, yet, with the thing
driving one 9600 baud terminal and the 780 in single-user mode,
it outputs characters in bursts.  The bursts are maybe 40 or so
characters long, with pauses of about three or four seconds in
between.

Needless to say, this makes it useless.  If we can't make it work
better than that we'll have to send it back.  Any assistance would
be appreciated (indeed, I'd be glad just to hear from someone who
has one of the things working... I've begun to wonder if they are
ALL like that!).  Also, I seem to recall someone mentioning
on net.unix-wizards sometime last year that they had had dealings
with Emulex Customer Service via USENET, and found them helpful:
I'd love their address.

Thanks in advance, and I'll be glad to summarize replies.

John Mackin, Basser Department of Computer Science,
	     University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia

UUCP: ...!decvax!mulga!basser.oz!john
      ...!seismo!munnari!basser.oz!john		(faster)
ARPA: munnari!basser.oz!john at SEISMO.ARPA