anybody running multiple protocols on a single cable?

Mark Weiser mark at tove.UUCP
Mon Jun 3 00:32:15 AEST 1985

In article <222 at thunder.UUCP> gamiddleton at thunder.UUCP (Guy Middleton) writes:
>Sorry if this is a dumb question.
>It it possible to run both (for instance) XNS and TCP/IP on a single
>ethernet?  How about DECNET as well?  Is anybody doing this?
>--
>	Guy Middleton, Lakehead University, Thunder Bay, Ont.
>	..{allegra,clyde,decvax,utcsrgv}!watmath!thunder!gamiddleton
>	..ihnp4!mmm!thunder!gamiddleton

At Maryland we run XNS and TCP/IP on the same cable via the same interface
via hacks to 4.2bsd.
	-mark
--
Spoken: Mark Weiser 	ARPA:	mark at maryland	Phone: +1-301-454-7817
CSNet:	mark at umcp-cs 	UUCP:	{seismo,allegra}!umcp-cs!mark