Finding file name from file descriptors (SYS V, V7)

Randall S. Becker randy at utcsri.UUCP
Tue Jun 11 10:37:09 AEST 1985

The problem: Suppose a routine is given a file descriptor as the only
	piece of information related to a file. Is it possible to
	determine the full pathname for that file? If so, how?
	I suspect that I will end up reading inodes (gasp).

If you have a solution to the problem, could you mail it to me? If there
is enough demand, I will post the collection of solutions to net.sources.

Thanks in advance,

Randy

P.S. I don't monitor net.unix-wizards that frequently, so could you mail
any comment directly to me? ..!utcsri!randy

--
		Randall S. Becker
		Usenet:	..!utcsri!randy