Shell out bug in pg (but a more general problem)

Doug Gwyn <gwyn> gwyn at brl-tgr.ARPA
Sat Mar 9 00:01:39 AEST 1985

> Any such code out there should be redone, and all future code which
> waits for children *must* check that the process which exited is the
> process that was being waited for.

Of course, if there are no remaining children, the parent should
also quit trying to wait..

One does sometimes wonder where the people who write this stuff in
the first place learned to program.  I have lost count of the bugs
I have found (and trivially fixed) in UNIX System V utilities.
(Before people start flaming, I have found a similar situation in
all other versions of UNIX that I have encountered.)