sendmail again

jcc at siemens.UUCP jcc at siemens.UUCP
Thu May 2 02:43:00 AEST 1985

<>

	I am having a problem with sendmail creating empty qfAA* files
	in the spool directory. In the morning there is sometimes 150
	such entries!  Has anyone experienced this problem (yet)?

	Also, when I run sendmail by hand (/usr/lib/sendmail -q), not
	all of the entries in a queue are processed.  After sendmail
	finishes there is a core file in the queue directory but
	sendmail gives an exit status of 0!  This core file is definitely
	a sendmail image ( I checked it with strings (1) ) and the
	date suggests that it was caused by the latest invocation of
	sendmail.  It seems that sendmail has problems parsing an address
	of the form:

		firstname.lastname at site.ARPA

	All entries (empty qfAA* files) after this entry are locked, but
	not processed.

	Can anyone tell me where the empty files are coming from and why
	the core image exists?  Thank you.

					Joe Camaratta
					princeton!siemens!jcc