Unix on a Vax 11/725?

Harald Striepe striepe at zinfan.UUCP
Sun May 5 12:27:56 AEST 1985

> Is 4.1 available for Vax 11/725s, booting off of the RC25 drive ? Alternatively,can anyone send me information on what elements I'd have to write to bring
> Unix up on the RC25.
>
> 						Thanks
> 							John Zoll
> 							Zoll at Cmu-Psy-A

	ULTRIX-32 rev1.1 will support the 725/RC25 combination.
	You will also find a 30% performance improvement over rev1.0/
	4.2BSD due to name idnode cashing and doubly-linked proc cues.
	It will also support DECnet on the same ethernet as TCP/IP.
	DECnet is a layered product... (DEC charges extra bucks).
	It does make an ULTRIX system look like a phase IV end node.
	There are utilities for file copying, dlogin etc. (including
	database access).

	If your are interested, mail me off-line for more info.

--
					Harald Striepe
					DEC Western Region TBU