Xenix286 Wonders, Bugs, and Patches...

Andrew Hastings at SU-SUSHI.ARPA
Sat May 11 07:40:16 AEST 1985

Please!  Let's not start the Null pointer discussion again!

I've seen the same points made umpteen times on INFO-C.  It seems someone
would claim that null pointers don't need to be casted in function calls,
Guy Harris would argue them into submission, and the discussion would die
down.  Two weeks later, someone else who apparently hadn't seen the previous
discussion would make the same claim, and the argument would start all over
again.

I don't know if this is still going on, since I stopped reading INFO-C.

UNIX-WIZARDS is supposed to be about UNIX.  Discussions about C that are
not specific to UNIX should be in INFO-C -- especially confusion about
null pointers!

-Andy
-------