2.2MB RP07s

tcs%usna.uucp at BRL.ARPA tcs%usna.uucp at BRL.ARPA
Thu May 9 01:41:17 AEST 1985

> I am thinking of upgrading our RP07 system disk on our 4.2
> VAX/780 to 2.2MB/s (we are about to do a memory upgrade that
> should make this possible.) Anyone using this? performance or
> gotcha comments welcome. Thanks in advance.

The upgrade of the RP07 to 2.2 Mby is relatively painless. Page 2-27
(table 2-5-2-3, Drive Option Jumpers) of the RP07 User's Manual shows
the jumper to insert. (It's 5-6 on A1J26, Non-Interleaved Sectors)
There's no text describing the switch though. You'll have to re-format
the disk and do a full restore after the switch.  You MUST have the
MS780E memory OR dual MS780C subsystems. This is because the disk needs
memory interleaving to transfer at 2.2Mby.  It's been working fine on
our RP07 for two years.

	-tcs
	Terry Slattery	  U.S. Naval Academy	301-267-4413
	ARPA: tcs at brl-bmd     UUCP: decvax!brl-bmd!usna!tcs